Anni Domingo is a multi-talented artist, an actor, a lecturer, a director and author. Jacaranda published her debut novel Breaking the Maafa Chain in 2021 and we are still in love with this re-imagining of the real life story of Sarah Forbes-Boneta.
Breaking the Maafa Chain chronicles two sisters' struggle for true freedom in the mid-nineteenth century, when transporting slaves from Africa to America was an illegal but lucrative business.
On 28th October Anni will be in conversation with Tina Andrews at Leicester Central Library to celebrate Tina’s new book Queen Charlotte Sophia. We ask Anni 5 questions to get to know her better:
1. Describe Anni Domingo in 3 words?
Hard working, Fun, loyal.
2. What is a fact about you that many might find surprising?
I had a monkey as a pet and took him everywhere, even to school one day!
3. Where were you when you first fell in love with storytelling?
I was 4 and living in Freetown, Sierra Leone.
4. The most memorable character that you have played on stage or written is?
The most memorable character I have played on stage is Mary Prince.
5. What is a story that you would one day love to tell and in what format?
I want to write a story about the trauma of infertility and motherhood.
Register your place for Anni and Tina's talk at Leicester Central Library by calling them on 0116 299 5401.